place Antwerp, Brussels
Do you have the shark’s eye, but also the eagle’s overview? Can you link business information to accounting records and do you take pride on the accuracy of your closings? If yes, you might be the exact fit to Wunderman Thompson’s organization.
As an Accountant, you are part of the Accounting team and will work closely with Operations. You will be responsible for the daily accounting of one of the Belgian entities as be involved in the reporting. You will report to the Belgian CFO and work closely with the GL accountants and the controllers.
Teamwork is your credo, meeting deadlines your challenge! You will support the Antwerp and Brussels teams by being responsible for the statutory and group accounting.
- Assist in he day-to-day work (booking purchase invoices and bank statements)
- Analysis monthly results with finance team
- Preparing of P&L and balance sheet including review of month end accounts, accruals and prepayments, approval of accounts payable and accounts receivable invoices, managing the Purchase Order system
- Preparation month end and quarterly reporting
- Monthly intercompany reconciliation & follow-up
- Approval client related Purchase Orders
- Check fixed assets listing
- Preparation month end close binder
- Ensure that daily processes and controls are compliant with SOX
- Review principal financial reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Ability to grow and step up and complete all key roles in the absence of other key finance members.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor or master's degree in accounting
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience or fast learner
- Proficient at a high level in Excel
- Hands-on direct approach, pro-active personality
- Agency experience would be helpful
- Able to get on with other different personalities on a day to day basis
- Fluent in Dutch, English and French
- A super challenging job in a happy, growing and healthy company, working mainly in Antwerp but visiting our Brussels office on a regular basis
- Great colleagues in an inspiring and challenging environment
- Obviously, a competitive salary with numerous fringe benefits and the necessary means to further improve your career
- Wunderman Thompson Belgium is a cheerful mix. We do not care about religion, skin colour or nationality – we just care that you know your profession