Discover Manager (Team Microsoft) for Zaventem & Amsterdam
place Antwerp, Brussels
Open positions in Zaventem & Amsterdam
The main role of the Discover Manager is to help the sales and Marketing teams deliver on business impact thanks to the Microsoft Discover workshops that are hands-on immersive workshops for customers to experience and understand our MS product suite, solutions and how to best use market trends and MS expertise to achieve their aspirations. We have a community of 13 Discover program Managers with at least one in each WE Countries.
As a part of the Discover Workshops customer journey, we want to provide the customer with a hands-on approach to getting value out of the Microsoft solutions. We map the needs of the customer to the Microsoft portfolio and make the customers experience this through in person and virtual sessions (Discover workshops) delivered by Partners or by Microsoft personnel, either in Microsoft Offices or at partners’ sites. The Discover workshops are a Western Europe program that span across solution areas.
Important part of the role is to be detail oriented while managing large volume of operational excellence tasks simultaneously to support the events focus within the company.
We are looking for an individual who has an appreciation for marketing automation and digital events and have project management skills to co-ordinate multiple teams.
The right candidate will be good at thinking through the right workflows, together with client-management skills.
The candidate should be a team player who is able to work under their own initiative and collaborate with various teams on a local and global level.
How you’ll be spending your time
1. Facilitate local Discover workshops plan and execution
- Supporting the local Discover workshops plan together with relevant stakeholders. The plan should consist of:
- Partner selection and Partner readiness together with OCP
- Integration of Account planning, accounts targeting (OCA/ACA/DCA), Renewal plans and consumption together with local BG and sales teams
- Marketing Demand Generation to drive attendance
- Reporting on targets and monthly customers engagement delivered
- Connecting with Customers when introduced by the account manager to arrange a Discover workshop.
- Connecting with Partners to support planning
- Managing logistics – i.e: Booking workshop rooms, partner selection (based on the criteria to determine what skills a partner needs to have to be considered to deliver the discover workshop), speaker confirmation, catering.
- Internal Awareness
- If invited via CMO / BG Lead, the PM should be able to show the value of the program to an internal audience and needs to be able to deliver awareness sessions to sales, marketing, partner team etc covering key messages such as ‘the value to our customers’ ‘What’s in it for our sales teams?, ‘What’s in it for the partner?’ etc.
- The PM will work very closely with a v-team to ensure key accounts are targeted for the program and partners are trained to deliver.
- There are a variety of tools the PM will have access to help drive internal awareness. You should also be able to show/demo the BVP or other virtual environment tools to sales/partners.
- The PM is not expected to deliver a Discover workshop.
- Cross group collaboration
Cross group collaboration with the Business Group Leads, Sales, Partner Team and CMO. A big part of the program is meeting with your stakeholders and going thru status of the program, planning, activities and results.
- Local BG Leads
BG leads are accountable for account targeting and setting up their local priorities for the Discover workshops. Therefore the Discover Program Managers need to work very closely to their BG Leads to ensure:
- They have plans per Discover workshops scenarios to engage customers
- They support the Discover motion with Sales & partners teams to ensure successful planning and impact.
- Sales teams
Sales teams are key stakeholders in the set up. To have the biggest impact it is key to sit together with sales on a regular basis to:
- Receive / review Renewals & Upsell: We know when existing customers renew their contracts. Based on the renewal date, we can plan several months ahead to get a customer into the Collaborating with sales is one of the biggest priorities.
- Discuss and decide on next steps for plan targeted accounts: Some of our customers do not have Microsoft solutions or are still using our solutions on premise. These customers are targeted in a Dark to cloud and On prem to cloud way. Because we know what customers they are, we can plan ahead.
- Contributing into daily/weekly syncs initiated by Sales teams. In the best possible set up, you sit together with every sales account manager and plan Discover workshops sessions together based on the input.
Discover workshops are delivered by partners. Discover Managers work together with the partner team to:
- Select the right partners together with the OCP (One Commercial Partner) team to help in the deliver the Immersion sessions.
- Work with the Partner Learning team in OCP who can train identified partners on define the strategy to train the partners in the delivery of the immersion sessions.
- Follow up and make sure the training quality is good and is getting better as part of the partner readiness
- Build a pool of partners that deliver sessions on a regular basis when having the right number of partners
- Track and report back on the delivered workshops and ways to optimize
Marketing play an important role in creating demand for Discover workshops sessions. Discover Managers work with CMO (marketing team) to
- Make sure the targets can be achieved through a mix of partner, sales and marketing.
- Offer a Discover Workshop to Customers after every event & especially for highly engaged accounts.
- To drive demand through special designed marketing activities such as tele, paid media, social.
- Reporting and Impact
The Discover program is one of the most impactful marketing programs in Microsoft. As this program is mainly aimed at customers that are already in the pipeline, there is a direct correlation between the program and influenced revenue.
- In order to show the value of the program, the Program Manager is responsible to give a 360 Degree view on:
- Number of sessions delivered
- Number of customers trained
- Details of Partners who delivered the session
- Insights on what is working/not working and ask for help
- Discover Manager is responsible of filling out the central SharePoint on a weekly basis to report the above
- Discover Manager works with the local Marketing Coordinator to:
- Ensure registration pages created on MAS for all 1:1 & 1:few Discover workshops
- Share the registration links with partners & AEs,
- Add the ones for 1:few on the online landing pages to ensure online demand generation campaigns are linked
How you’ll help keep the whole thing running
Discover Managers work in ‘blended’ teams and as such, you will be regularly collaborating with local team members, global peers and multinational executional teams across globe within the Wunderman Thompson network as well as local and global Microsoft environment.
The great people you will be working with
Reporting into Wunderman Thompson Western Europe Team Lead and working closely on a daily basis with local Microsoft stakeholders, you will ensure a strong client-agency relationship, ensuring satisfaction and growth of the client account.
The great client you will be working with
You will be working for a leading technology brand, managing all aspects of the client relationship, you will participate into regular meetings, oversee projects and take responsibility for the coordination of campaigns. An understanding of the client’s business and marketing objectives is crucial, specifically the programmes on which you are working. It is vital to have a good working relationship with the stakeholders.
What we’re looking for
- Appreciation of digital events and marketing automation
- Stakeholder management and client facing skills
- Strong relationship management skills to work, collaborate and co-ordinate various multinational teams and networks on the local and global level
- Detail oriented while managing large volume of tasks simultaneously and prioritize when needed
- Strong sense of initiative, proactivity and ability to work under pressure
- Enjoy working in a global fast-paced environment
- Quick adaptation skills to change
What we offer
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits.
- An ambitious and highly creative client.
- A team of experienced advertising grandmasters and young prodigies.
- We are part of the WPP network, which offers opportunities for your further training and career.
- Wunderman Thompson Belgium is a cheerful mix with offices in Antwerp and Brussels. We do not care about religion, skin color, nationality, … as long as you know your profession.