Event Manager Microsoft Amsterdam (40h/week)
Nederlandstalige Event Manager met interesse in marketing voor Microsoft
Do you have excellent skills within event execution? Can you manage multiple projects independently? Would you like to plan and coordinate events as part of the Wunderman marketing team for the leading technology company, Microsoft?
For our growing events team, we are looking for experienced event project managers to execute events from the initial conception of the event to its successful completion. This role requires excellent event-planning skills along with the ability to define project milestones and deadlines and coordinate both teams and external contractors to ensure a successful and enjoyable event that meets organizational goals and expectations.
As an event project manager, you need to balance creativity with logistics, financial planning, vendor management and excel at multitasking and balancing big-picture concerns like the venue and contractor selection with details like decor and meal planning, effectively utilizing resources and personnel to stage large- and small-scale events.
If you don't have the above qualifications. please don't react as they are key to your success.
This function is hosted in our office in Weesp (Amsterdam) and at the client-side in Schiphol.
Oh, you’re still there? Read on then!
What do you bring to the table (Required skills en qualifications)?
Event project managers balance logistics, financial management, and detailed event-planning tasks. Our event project manager has at least a bachelor’s degree and the following skills:
- Event planning – a background in event planning is key in this role, as most events have many elements that need to work together in order to create a positive experience for guests
- Project management – experience with project management principles and best practices is very helpful in this role to ensure those event elements are organized and event teams stay on schedule
- Vendor relationship management – event project managers work with many vendors leading up to events, so skill with relationship management and negotiation are vital
- Logistics skills – this role requires significant logistics planning and management, so the ability to make decisions about several logistical elements of an event is essential for event project managers
- Budget management – event project managers also oversee financial elements of event planning and execution, so budget and financial management skills are vital
- Communication skills – effective written and verbal communication is also essential in this role since event project managers need to work with internal teams, clients, and external vendors
Type of candidate
We are looking for someone who:
- Loves event execution and communications
- Has strong attention to detail
- Has strong relationship management skills to work, collaborate and coordinate various teams and networks on the local and global level
- Understands digital transformation
- Is technologically savvy
- Is curious to challenge to go beyond
- Is a fast learner and adaptable to change
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Can manage a large volume of tasks simultaneously and prioritize when needed
- Is a good communicator, fluent in Dutch and English.
- Finally, we are looking for someone who can join the team immediately
- 2-3 years’ event planning and execution experience
- Agency experience with strong marketing and communication background
- Previous Experience in developing executions that communicate insights creatively to target audiences in a market
- Exposure to modern marketing and how to deliver impact and amplification within budget
- Marketing automation, event services like Certain and On24. A bonus but not essential
Still with us? Great, you’ll love the next part as well.
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits
- An ambitious and highly creative client
- Wunderman Thompson works for different customers. Some brands live around the corner, others are European players.
- We are a cheerful mix. We do not care about religion, skin colour, nationality, … as long as you know your profession
- We are part of the WPP Network, which offers opportunities for your further training and career