place Antwerp, Brussels
Do you have the shark’s eye, but also the eagle’s overview? Can you link business information to accounting records and do you take pride on the accuracy of your closings? If yes, you might be the exact fit to Wunderman Thompson’s organization.
The Finance Controller role will report directly to the local CFO and EMEA Regional Controller. This position will have primary responsibility for statutory and fiscal reporting and overseeing local compliance and controls. He/she will also be responsible for ensuring the right support is provided to Business Partners by ensuring they obtain the necessary information to enable decisions to be taken. The role requires excellent financial and accounting skills, experience in dealing with regulatory bodies and managing an accounting team or working with regional HQ and or a shared service center of a listed company.
Teamwork is your credo, meeting deadlines your challenge! You will support the Antwerp and Brussels teams by being responsible for the statutory and group accounting.
- Manage a team of people, including developing and motivating them and ensuring they have the required skills and competencies to execute effectively the responsibilities of the Accounting and Controlling function.
- Oversee the relationship and interaction between the finance team and the Regional HQ or shared financial service center to ensure uninterrupted information flows along with both accurate and timely servicing of the deliverables.
- Harmonize financial and administrative procedures, policies and processes across the organization.
- Ensure the accurate and timely compliance with all fiscal and statutory reporting requirements for the business including application of WPP and WT accounting policies
- Preparation of statements to report to the EMEA region
- Ensure submission of Corporate Social Responsibility reporting pack and any other reporting requirement
- Manage relationship with local fiscal and regulatory bodies and review monthly, quarterly, annual returns for accuracy and completeness
- Ensure an appropriate controls environment is in place working (where applicable, alongside the relevant shared service center and IT division) and monitor and report compliance with it (including compliance with SOX)
- Manage interactions with auditors and oversees audit compliance activities and statutory accounts sign-off
- Oversee posting of judgmental period-end accruals and adjustments and ensure compliance with policy and accepted accounting standards including liaison with the Finance Business Partners or other business stakeholders on these where applicable
- Oversee contract stage-related adjustments & write-offs
- Oversee the preparation of draft periodic budgets, capital plans and forecasts working closely with the CFO.
- Evaluate business-led investment requests for approval
- Responsible for communicating and ensuring compliance with global procurement deals, along with commercial review of non PSL supplier contracts for overhead or operating costs
- Review/Analysis monthly results with FM and finance team
- Management of P&L and balance sheet including review of month end accounts, accruals and prepayments, approval of accounts payable and accounts receivable invoices, managing the Purchase Order system
- Preparation month end and quarterly reporting
- Review and coordinate all internal management reporting
- Manage the company cash flow reporting to WPP Treasury
- Monthly intercompany reconciliation & follow-up
- Demonstrated expertise in financial management and accounting
- Track-record of managing and motivating a team
- Excellent analytical skills and financial acumen
- Ability to identify major risks and work collaboratively with management to develop plans to mitigate those risks
- Track record of working with regulatory bodies and managing statutory and regulatory compliance
- Accountable, delivers on promises and follows through on commitments even in challenging circumstances
- Track record of working in uncertain and ambiguous situations
- > 7 years of experience in a Finance Manager / Finance Director / Management Accounting role
- Fluency in English
- Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- A challenging job in a happy, growing and healthy company, working mainly in Antwerp but visiting our Brussels office on a regular basis
- Great colleagues in an inspiring and international environment
- Obviously, a competitive salary with numerous fringe benefits and the necessary means to further improve your career
- Wunderman Thompson Belgium is a cheerful mix. We do not care about religion, skin colour or nationality – we just care that you know your profession