LEAD DIGITAL DESIGNER
place Antwerp, Brussels
We have a great opportunity for a seasoned Lead Digital Designer to up our user experience, user interface and digital design work for our clients.
In this role, you will lead, inspire & support a client focused design team. You will combine your own design skills and knowledge in challenging projects and campaigns while supporting and coaching the team. You will also participate in client meetings concerning user experience and digital design concepts & design-driven projects.
We expect you to balance conceptual and creative design with knowledge of design systems in a production environment.
- You’ll need to transform a creative brief to a usable but attractive digital interface.
- You’ll create digital experiences, such as websites and apps next to digital campaign materials like landing pages, mailings and banners.
- You are able to deliver brand consistent, yet exciting visuals.
- Besides being a graphic wizard, you are also focused on usability and functionality and are able to apply your dual skills in the field.
- You need to push the boundaries of a concept with innovative design.
- You define, set-up and follow-up design systems
- You make sure your team has the right capabilities and that you assign the right people to the right jobs
- You work closely together with all other specialities such as creatives, client services, strategy, customer experience and development, and foremost with our clients.
- You make sure people in your team are heard and you represent the team in meetings
WHO YOU ARE
- A talented digital designer (5+ years’ experience) with a keen eye for detail.
- You can push the boundaries of a concept with great design.
- You can look at your work from the point of view of a consumer to make sure the message comes across.
- You know when to break the rules….and when to stay on track.
- A strong sense of design theory, user experience and user interface design are critical.
- You are a people person, who loves to work as a team and you feel comfortable enough to take the lead.
- A good set of communication skills are given to you by nature.
- You are a driven and dynamic person and you can enthuse other people.
- You can present your and your team’s work and discuss the design decisions made.
- You master either Dutch or French and can express yourself in English fluently.
WHAT YOU LOVE
- Design, design, and well yeah; design.
- Building digital experiences and making brands stand out.
- Always adding a sparkle to all types of digital design.
- Creative thinking within a design process, together with a team or a client.
- To inspire and enthuse people around you.
- To scale up great digital design in design systems and production environments
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Leading a multi-disciplined team of UX and UI designers
- Formulating a vision on digital design in a creative environment
- Overviewing all digital design tracks
- Reporting to the head of digital
- Working hand in hand with development, creatives and strategy to make Wunderman Thompson the leading hub in “all things design”
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits
- Ambitious and highly creative clients
- A team of experienced advertising grandmasters and young prodigies
- We are part of the WPP Network, which offers opportunities for your further training and career
- Wunderman Thompson is a cheerful mix. We do not care about religion, skin colour, nationality, … as long as you know your profession